Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elaineycabaney2

Help with HVAC estimates

elaineycabaney
11 years ago

Quotes for my 1300 sq ft single story Brick 1928 home. Old windows and insulated attic only:

CONTRACTOR #1

A) Goodman GSZ13036 (heat pump)

Goodman CHPF36

Goodman GKS9090 (furnace)

Size KW

BTU/SEER rating 3 ton/13 seer

Programmable Edge thermostat

Hybrid Heat Pump

Total: $5383

B) Carrier 25HBC336 (Heat Pump)

Carrier CNPHP36

Carrier 59SC2A080 (Furnace)

Size KW

3 ton/13 seer

same thermostat as above

Hybrid Heat Pump

Total: $5948

Both include the following:

PVC drain/new pad/new copper lineset/reconnect ductwork to new location in basement/add air filter at unit/reconnect fuel piping/PVC Flue/Reconnect control wiring/Install new Power wiring at indoor breaker box/Mechanical & Electrical permit/Add supply in Kitchen.

CONTRACTOR #2

Amana Model #'s AMH 950703B and CAPF3131B

Seer 13/EER 11.0/AFUE 95%/Btuh Cooling 30,000/Btuh Heating 70,000/CFM 1000

Installation shall include:

Install 2.5 ton a/c wth 70,000 btu natural gas (needs to be converted to propane) furnace and matching A/C coil.

Repair duct work where package unit is, tied in and seal.

Run new line set-flue-thermostat-equipment pad-duct transitionsand labor to complete job.

new low voltage wiring/new reinforced equip pad/new vibration isolation pads/new properly sized refride suction line(s)/evacuate refrig system/charge to manuf. specs/new copper wire/install energy saving thermostat/make air tight plenum transition/new gas piping from existing to unit/new vent pipe & cap/new condensate drain system.

Total $4,500

(I don't believe he figured on relocating the shutoff to the new indoor breaker box...do you think that it's necessary? He also thought that the current 3 ton gas pack unit was oversized. and he'd reinsulate all ductwork. He did not add the new vent for kitchen in his estimate which I will ask for.)

CONTRACTOR #3 never called back, jeez.

Thanks in advance for any advice and questions I should be asking.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts