Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
totsie_gw

Estimates Continue

Totsie
11 years ago

Have yet to really feel comfortable with any of the so called contractors, ideas, thoughts and guesswork seem to be the only thing they do have in common(sorry) new equipment-

Lennox Elite Series XLC16-048 4 Ton

Furnace: SL280UH090V60C

Coil: LH42/62E9C

Thermostat:Honeywell Pro 8000 Touchscreen Programmable

Does the numbers seem to match up for this system? Thanks so taking a look...P.S Whoever Tigerdunes is, please come to Dallas to install my system...just sayin :)

Comments (8)

• ryanhughes
    11 years ago

The system is a rated match, 12.5 EER and 15 SEER. I would personally rather see a Lennox coil used than an ADP coil with this system. Ask your dealer to use an OEM coil rather than a mix-matched 3rd-party coil.

• ryanhughes
    11 years ago

You also lose a bit of your 4 ton capacity by using the 3.5 ton (LH42) coil -- 45,500 btuh delivered (rating from AHRI directory) versus the full nominal capacity of a 4 ton system (48,000 btuh). It is not uncommon for the capacity to be slightly less than 4 tons in certain matchups, but there are better matchups. I assume by the model numbers this is a horizontal attic installation. If so, using a multi-position CX34-49 (Lennox) coil at least gets you 47,500 btuh with 12.2 EER and 15.7 SEER. Double check with the dealer about the length of the warranty on the ADP coil compared to the rest of the equipment.

• Totsie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much for your reviewing my post, will ask about the coil....

• Totsie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

New Contractor whom I felt was up to speed and did a load calc (finally)(others wanted 500.00 to do do load calc)he states I would need a 3Ton system roughly (560000)(1465 sq ft)which sounds more inline with the current size we have now...he believes cooling issues are due to return air is very low (wall returns)so we are addressing additional reurns (2)with 1 additional supply drop..
    Carrier 3 Ton 24ACB736A003 17seer 2 STAGE
    Coil: CNPVP3717ATA
    Carrier 80% 58CVA090-1-16 VARIABLE SPEED
    Vision Pro IAQ

We currently have horizonital unit-he is suggesting vertical unit and relocating unit about 8 ft to shorten duct runs and better angle..

I do appreciate all your feedback and reading the post here very helpful..Thanks I'll wait to hear from you guys..

• mike_home
    11 years ago

I recommend you get the Infinity controller to control the Infinity furnace and Comfort AC. Ask the contractor to add this to the quote. I am suspicious of contractors who do this.

• Totsie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Mike-I will check up on. The system with Infinity thermostat ... But how does the coil and condenser & furnace match up? Thanks for the input

• hamconsulting
    11 years ago

The AHRI Directory http://www.ahridirectory.org/ahridirectory/pages/ac/defaultSearch.aspx says that your equipment has a 13.2 EER and 17.0 SEER.

You can increase your SEER and EER by little with a bigger coil and different furnace, but I'm a noobie that learned to use the AHRI directory and don't know the equipment at all.

ARI #; Condenser; Coil; Furnace; Capacity95FHigh; EER95F; SEER; EstimatedCoolingCost;
    3636810 24ACB736A**30 CNPV*4324A** 58PH*090-16 37000 13.50 17.50 250
    3636432 24ACB736A**30 CNPV*3717A** 58CV(A,X)090-16 37200 13.20 17.00 259

• mike_home
    11 years ago

It looks like the Carrier system is a valid match. The EER and SEER numbers are good. I would stay with the Infinity furnace, another 0.5 point increase in SEER rating is not going to make much of a difference.

I usually recommend getting a 95%+ efficiency furnace but I am not sure if it cost effective for the Dallas winters.

I recommend getting a 4 inch media filter. Also consider getting the Carrier 10 year labor warranty.

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner