Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rheem ac/LP furnace combo

Posted by darylc (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 25, 12 at 15:22

greetings all,
We're in the middle of construction for a new home. We're to the point of having the hvac installed. We've decided we like the Rheem RGRC 95% single stage furnace, and are trying to find performance data on this furnace with various rheem air conditioners. We've looked at the specification sheets on Rheem's website for nearly all the models of ac (prestige, classic and value line models) they offer and cannot find any references to how they perform (SEER, EER) when paired with the air mover in the furnace. I found lots of data for the RGRM furnace, but not a single one for the RGRC. What are we doing wrong? Where should I be looking to find performance data for this furnace and different AC models? I've emailed Rheem, but getting a response seems like it might take a while. Thanks very much! Daryl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rheem ac/LP furnace combo

I know their website is a little hard to navigate--but if you can't find the link there, try googling "Model (e.g., RARL* JAZ or JEZ specification sheet pdf.
*as an example

If you find it, you will see general information, followed by detailed specs. First left hand column lists the size of the unit; next column lists various coils/air handlers that match; next, if not an airhandler, will be furnaces by size; then will be columns for SEER, EER, CFM, BTUs, etc.

If your doing a propane conversion, you might find that info in the pdf for the furnace.

That should do it for you.

V

o

darylc

While you don't want to hear this, I would not recommend the RGRC furnace with a conventional blower motor. I would opt for the two stg RGRM with var speed blower motor. A better furnace that will serve you better.

IMO

o

The norm should be at least a 2 STAGE SYSTEM. BETTER YET GO WITH THE RGRM 2 STAGE, VARIABLE SPEED. IT MAY BE AN ADDED $ 500 BUT WORTH IT.LP CAN BE EXSPENSIVE AND IF IT WAS ME INSTALL A HEATPUMP DUAL SETUP

o

If on LP gas and you have reasonable electric rate, I would also consider a heat pump.

What is your location?

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here