Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mystique_gw

AC not cooling enough....

mystique
16 years ago

Our 2-storey house gets really hot in the summer, without the AC. At least the second floor does - the first floor is not bad at all. Our master bedroom faces west and from 12 noon to almost 8 the sun beats mercilessly against our window, which is pretty big by the way.

I don't remember it being this mad last year summer but this summer our room got really unbearable. Even with the AC on, we hardly found any relief. It would take about 5 hours for it to cool down say about 2 - 3 deg. When I switch it on it would be around 80 and 5 hours later it woul dbe 77 or something like that. We bagan wondering if our ducts need cleaning. When I stand near the vent in the bedroom, I can feel cool air but it doesn't seem all that cool. And it takes forever to cool the room.

Now I know nothing about AC but our house was brand new when we bought it in Nov 2005. It was built just then after tearing down an existing structure. Does anyone know if ducts need cleaning in less than 2 years? I think the AC is Ducane if the brand is important. I thought ducts need to be cleaned only every 4-5 hours.

Comment (1)