Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
where to purchase an American Standard Allegiance18 conden. unit?

Posted by rcbny (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 23, 11 at 12:50

Our central a/c has gasped its last gasp and needs to be replaced. We do not want to go through the cost/annoyance of installing a system with the new coolant, so are considering the AC Allegiance18 because it still uses R-22, AND has the other features we need: 5 ton, dual stage, variable speed, etc. Hope I got that right...?

Anyone know off-hand where I can find one of these? Thought I'd check here before making a zillion calls to dealers.

Many thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: where to purchase an American Standard Allegiance18 conden. u

rebny...

You realize this is a discontinued AC condenser?

You already have a var speed furnace or air handler?

You can find an AmStd dealer by going to dealer locator on AmStd HVAC website.

Good Luck!

o
RE: where to purchase an American Standard Allegiance18 conden. u

Hi tigerdunes, thanks for the follow-up. Yes, we understand this is discontinued, thus the reason we're having a hard time locating one. We have a variable speed air handler and just need to replace the condensing unit. But we don't want to have to switch over to the new coolant systems since it seems like a big to-do with a new installation. If we have to, we'll just go with a one-stage R-22 unit, but would prefer the dual stage. Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here