Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heat pump

Posted by venicegolfer (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 19, 13 at 11:46

I'm replacing a two stage heat pump Carrier 25HCB6 in So west Florida.
How much should it cost?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heat pump

That would be the Performance 16 model.

It would be helpful to know the size of outside condenser and the model/size of inside air handler. Also what thermostat? Any filter box? Scope of work involved? New refrigerant lineset? Any ductwork modifications?

Post back.

IMO

o

It's a 5 ton and 8KV heat air handler..includes gulf breeze filter and Honeywell 600o thermostat .
He is also changing the first 20' of flex duct from 18" to 20"
The options are a home surge protector and 3 additional vents in each bedroom.

o

I need the air handler model number. Also you would want Carrier's Edge Thermidistat over any other thermostat especially since you live in humid location/climate.

This is the configuration you would want and it qualifies for Fed Tax Credit.

5476215 Active Systems PERFORMANCE 16 PURON HP CARRIER AIR CONDITIONING 25HCB660A**32 FV4CNB006 1750 1400 56500 12.50 16.00 57000 9.00 36000 1 HRCU-A-CB Yes 427 1292 Yes

What have you been quoted?

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here