Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kindn3ss

hvac - fan wires - where do i connect black wire from fan to hvac

kindn3ss
11 years ago

My YORK HVAC (Model #: B188060A06A; SN: NAGM00357) has a FAN Motor which comes with 4 wires: Black, Purple, Brown and Green. All wires are hooked on my AC, but the Black one. Where do I have to put this on?

Short history of how I got to this situation:

As the AC was running cool, the AC or FAN engines start making a noise as if it tried to stop and restart and stop and restart (it will never stop completely). I stopped the whole thing as I didn't want it to blow out.

First intuition was that the GE Capacitor (PN#: 024-25912-000) was no longer holding power as it should, so I replaced it; Issue not resolved;

Second thing done was replacing the Contactor or Relay (PN#: 024-25834-000); As I was replacing the wires one by one, I'm not sure how it happened, but the FAN Black wire was loosen already. I realized that after I was done with all wiring at the contactor. Contactor is good to go - as I was following the picture I took on my phone.

Now the FAN won't start at all - AC is fine, but the FAN. I noticed the Defrost Temperature control electric board (PN: 031-01268-000) had 2 open pins and I thought this FAN BLACK wire will be ok there. It wasn't - It burned some board integrate.

Help?! If you need more information, please don't hesitate to ask. Thank you for taking your time to read through my posted question.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz