Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lennox XC25

Posted by AGlenn (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 12, 13 at 1:49

If anyone can give some feedback or advise on the Lennox XC25, I would greatly appreciated it. We are looking at replacing to 3.5 TON units in Arizona (two story 3,100 sq ft). We received a quote today for two 4 Ton XC25 that was pretty pricey, but maybe I just don't know what to expect. Each split system (attic) unit installed is coming in just over 12k. Is that in the ball park of what I should expect? I have made a call to get a second local opinion, but thought I should also do my homework online as well. Thanks in advance if you are able to assist with my research.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lennox XC25

I am not familiar with the Lennox XC25 so I did a little investigating. It appears with an AC condenser with inverter technology. I now understand why the price is so high.

Personally I think spending $24,000 to replace your AC condensers and air handlers is a bit much. I know it is Arizona and it gets hot, but I don't think you need to spend this amount of money. What are you doing for heat?

Were the 3.5 ton condensers able to keep the house at the desired temperature. The XC25 is only available in whole ton increments. This is forcing you to go from 7 to 8 tons. That is a lot of cooling for a 3100 sq. foot house. I would want to see a load calculation. The heat load for the first and second floors are rarely the same.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here