Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AC thefts in Houston

Posted by planewood (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 5, 11 at 23:33

Heard on the news that thieves stole 17 outside units at an apartment complex. They were caught on video but no arrests have been made yet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AC thefts in Houston

I guess the police are in hot pursuit.

SR

o

It's terrible that there are people out there who do this kind of thing. Fortunately the apt complex that lost those 17 units didn't have anyone living in the units where the a/c's were stolen because they were renovating the building.

But still....

I have even seen cases where people have put wrought iron cages around their systems and the thieves just use a cutting torch to break through and steal the a/c units anyway.

Blame part of it on the high resale value of copper.

I'd like to see the look on their faces if they rip off an a/c unit that uses aluminum instead of copper!

o

They got 13 at a hospital that moved to a new building last year off the roof north of here and three more in a shopping center on the other side of town. Pretty sad for people to do such a thing.

o

Elderly living in these homes where AC has been stolen have died as a result of the theft.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here