Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tom418

Slant Fin Fine Line 15 Baseboard

tom418
10 years ago

WHat ever happened to Slant Fin Fine Line 15? I need a few "dummy" units, inside and outside corners, and can't find them. Discontinued

Comments (9)

• tigerdunes
    10 years ago

I saw a listing on Pex Supply. Let Google be your friend.

IMO

• tom418
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well, tigerdunes thank you for the reply. As a matter of fact, Pex was one of the suppliers I had already looked at. Their offerings on the 15 line is nothing like what they had in the past. Only ONE 8 foot unit is in stock.

(see link)

They used to offer complete heaters and dummy units in varying lengths. Now they have very little in comparison. Also, they had many corners (inside and outside)

Google... Who would have thought?

Anyone ELSE with ideas?
    I'm still waiting for Slant Fin to get back to me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pex offerings

• tigerdunes
    10 years ago

You have contacted Slant Fin?

IMO

Here is a link that might be useful: Slant Fin Website

• SaltiDawg
    10 years ago

Are not the 30 series compatible with the 15 series?

Just Googling. ;-)

• tom418
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes tigerdunes. Slant Fin is located about two miles away from where I used to live on Long Island. I wrote to them.

I've written to many manufacturers, especially in the aviation field which I worked in. They usually (GASP!) get back to me.

Saltidawg: If the two series were compatable, the plumber who roughed in for Series 30 wouldn't have had to rip my walls open to repsotion 3/4 M pipe when installing the 15 series heaters.

Thanks anyway. I'll wait to hear from S/F thank you. I chose the wrong board to post to huh?

• tom418
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Heard from Slant Fin today. Series 15 WAS discontinued,

Saltidawg: I don't know where you googled, but Slant Fin's customer rep informed me that the 15 and 30 series parts are NOT compatable.

I'll be ordering the parts I need from New York Replacement Parts in Yonkers.

• Carlin Bird
    4 years ago

Would love to know if you were ever able to locate any 15 series parts? We need a handful of gap covers. Coincidentally enough, I grew up near SlantFin’s Greenvale HQ also-a little town called Bayville

• SaltiDawg
    4 years ago

I never said the 15 and 30 series were in fct compatible!

I actually said:

Are not the 30 series compatible with the 15 series?

Just Googling. ;-)

• SaltiDawg
    4 years ago

Also, guy at the factory may have some parts for you:

Keith at Slant Fin

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH