Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bryant system - is this a reasonable quote?

Posted by sd939 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 31, 11 at 23:05

I live in north Florida and have received this quote for a new HVAC system for a finished attic:
Bryant 286BNA024, 17 SEER Heat Pump
Bryant 10KW Heat Strip kit
Bryant FE4ANF002 Air Handler
Bryant SysTXBB1201-B Zone control two units
All new duct work, grills, thermostat, labor
Total including $1800 rebate = $11,608
I would appreciate any and all advice. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bryant system - is this a reasonable quote?

Sd

Certainly not cheap.

Quote includes Evolution controller?

I would want the 9 KW prewired and staged heat strip. If not that, drop down to a 7.5 KW size.

What size is the living area? Why the need for zoning controls?

R-8 ductwork insulation?

I would want another quote for comparison purposes, perhaps from a Trane or AmStd dealer.

IMO

o

Just for a point of comparison, I had a Bryant system put in a few months ago, 5-ton 286B, FE4 air handler w/tin coating on the coil, no heat strips (adapted existing hydronic coil), and Evolution controller for $7829 after tax credit and rebates ($1800).

I didn't have any duct work done, though.

o

Tigerdunes: Thanks for the comment. The basic space will be a finished attic of about 1200 sq. ft., but we plan to use the unit to also heat and cool about 500 sq ft. on the floor directly below the attic. Too long a story to explain, but we live in an old house, and that is what we are trying to do. Any further thoughts would be appreciated.
SD

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here