Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Packaged Heat Pump

Posted by countryboy43 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 16, 11 at 21:05

Does anyone know of a company that makes a packaged heat pump system having the air return on the right side and the discharge on the left side when viewed from outside the house? I'm replacing a 1973 Sears Gaspac which is configured that way and it would make it easier to connect with the existing ductwork. The new systems I've looked at are configured the opposite way. If not, is there any type of pre-fabricated crossover available that would accomplish this without extensive ductwork changes? Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Packaged Heat Pump

All that I know of are both supply and return on the same side. A contractor should be able to fairly easily rework the ductwork while installing a new package unit for you. I am only familiar with Trane/American Standard and Rheem/Ruud though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here