Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Navien CH-180 Combi boiler/water heater

Posted by zee729 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 19:59

Hi Folks,

I'm looking to switch from an oil-fired boiler/hot water heater to a natural gas-fired unit. A couple of Weil-McLain affiliated contractors have offered estimates, but their prices are higher than I'd anticipated, and their units are less than 85% efficient, which would deny me $1200 in rebates.

I recently got a quote on a Navien Condensing Combi unit. Cheaper to buy/install,and, @ 92% efficiency, eligible for all rebates. Outstanding guarantee on the unit, and a good parts and labor guarantee from the installer (Ben Franklin).

I'm heating 1500sf with appox 100 ft of baseboards. 33 yr old house. 2 zones. One bathroom, two residents, located in central coastal NJ.

Just wonder if anyone out there has been running one of these units, and, if so, how it's been working out for you.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Bill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Navien CH-180 Combi boiler/water heater

So far I've only heard good things about Navien from installers - highly recommended.

SR

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here