Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
replacing cast iron baseboards with ???

Posted by kdw72697 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 22, 12 at 19:42

Hello,

I have a 10' run of cast iron baseboard in the dining section of my "country kitchen" (do they still call it that?).

I am planning to put in a door to the outside in this wall, maybe french doors or maybe a single door. It will lead out to the deck I am planning to have done this fall.

The problem is that I don't really have another wall to which I can move this baseboard. I think I have to replace it with something smaller that takes up less linear footage, but what? Can you put in traditional radiators with a hot-water system? Is there something else that would take up less space?

I really have no idea where to go on this!

I hate to give up the cast iron baseboard because it is so nice and toasty, but I've waited 15 years for the deck!

Any help is much appreciated!

Kelly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: replacing cast iron baseboards with ???

Here is a company that sells cast iron baseboards. You can also put in baseboard make of other materials. They also sell traditional radiators for your hot water system.

http://www.oldcastironradiators.com/index.htm

Here is another company which makes all types of designer radiators. You can find a style and color to match your country kitchen.

http://www.runtalnorthamerica.com/residential_radiators/index.html

o

these are great resources, thanks so much!

o

Don't forget Jaga for the most Avant-garde with respect to design, technical and artistic!

SR

Here is a link that might be useful: Jaga USA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here