Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this 15 SEER?

Posted by Beaufortdan (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 20, 12 at 18:44

After ruling out Trane and American Standard as too pricy, I am considering this heat pump from Carrier...
Model#- 25HCB318A003 outdoor unit

Model# FX4DNF019t00 Air Handler

$8180... Is this a 15 SEER Unit?

Quote was less than other units mentioned by a BUNCH!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this 15 SEER?

This is for two 1.5 ton units.

o

It is 15 SEER with only mediocre HSPF rating at 8. You need to learn to use the AHRI directory.

How bout the seacoast shield rating? I doubt if it has this.

And good forum etiquette would be to keep all posts in a single thread, not starting a new one.

You should reconsider the Trane and AmStd quotes. I suspect the cost difference could be negotiated to make it worth your while.

IMO

o

Thanks, tiger dunes...the Am./Stand quote was about 4K more...I was quoted a 13 SEER system ( Silver SI unit) for more than the 15 SEER Carrier. I can't justify paying 50% more for Am./Standard...
If I was on the barrier islands, where, I hear units last from 5-8 years, I would get the sea coast shield...

o

What happened to the $3-400 difference as listed in your earlier thread?

o

That was for different SEER units...A/S was for 13 SEER.

o

Foe the American STD 13 (same as Trane's XB), you can get 14 SEER with the Gam5 air handler. A much better HP system than the Comfort 13.

Oh well, you will learn the hard way.

IMO

o

Thanks, Tigerdunes, I prefer A/S, have asked for quote with your suggestion...

o

Am./Stand. Guy got back to me...he can get to 14 SEER with variable speed a/h, and this unit is about $2300 more than Carrier 15 SEER. Is it worth that much more with 1 less SEER?

o

Ok, Carrier it is!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here