Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please Help With Some Questions On A Trane System

Posted by mbwaldrop (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 11, 11 at 18:01

How does Comfort R work with the XV95 furnace...I understand it that is runs for one minute at 50% to cool down the coil, then at 80% for 7.5 minutes and then at 100%?

Which setting is the best to pull the moisture out of the air? We live in a very humid Alabama climate.

Can I control the humidity from a thermostat on the XV95 and a 13seer AC unit?

Which thermostat would I need to use to be able to control the humidity?

If I cannot control the humidity on the this system, what pieces am I missing to make it work?

How do I know that my system is working properly and efficiently?

Lastly, what is a reasonable temperature difference from inside a second floor to the outside temperature ? Example if it is 90 degress outside should the unit be able to cool to 68 degrees, and how long should it run to get to that temperature?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please Help With Some Questions On A Trane System

Mbwaldrp

If you the homeowner want to independently control humidity setting in AC cooling, then the preferred thermostat is Honeywell Vision Pro IAQ that has "dehumidify on demand" feature. With this stat, comfort r setting is disabled.

Second choice would be Trane or AmStd 803 or identical HW 8321 that
makes the Trane stat. Comfort R setting is used with this stat.

Before I made any changes, you need to take some humidity readings at several different areas in your home at different times of the day.

There are too many variables to make a good and accurate answer to your final question. I will say this. If you don't have zoning controls for controlling temperature Between first and second floor, you can expect a temperature differential of up to 10 degrees. This can depend on ductwork design/sizing, insulation/building qualities,whether you have damper control between airflow to first/second floor, and where the thermostat is
located.

IMO

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here