Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Installation Quality

Posted by JustaKid (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 7, 11 at 17:51

So I have read a great deal about how the installer is often more important that the equipment being installed. I was wondering if this was still the case with replacing an already wired and duct-ed system with new condenser, coil, and furnace. Seems to me that this is mostly plug in type stuff. Am I wrong?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Installation Quality

There is a lot more to a proper install.
Is the contractor doing the install using the proper parts as recommended by the mfg of the equipment?
Are they making sure the ductwork is correct and not leaking anywhere or just ignoring it? Are they making sure the system is balanced, or are they just "throwing in" a new system?
Is the wiring being done neat and orderly, or are there wires hanging out everywhere? Are they checking their work or just installing the stuff and running off without checking how the system works?
It all comes together no matter what level system you buy, an bad install will not give you as efficient a system as a good installation will.

o

there are three equally important components-quality HVAC, the install by dealer, and probably the most overlooked and disregarded is the ductwork system.

IMO

o

Huge DIDO, well said dualref.

Here is a link that might be useful: Barron Green Team

o

Just like many professions today including HVAC, there is the lost art and/or emphasis of craftsmanship and the rush by many dealer's installers to get in and get out.

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here