Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dashinggade

Quietside or Viessmann

dashinggade
9 years ago

Hello All,

I am in the process of switching from oil to gas. I have two work proposals, each offering a different boiler. I tried comparing the two but can't find enough info to make a decision. They both report information in different formats and I frankly can't make any sense of it! (I'm sure that's why they do it that way :) )

The first choice is a Quietside DPW-199 (with DHW). It's at 90% efficiency which I'm not sure qualifies for any energy incentives or tax breaks. It's roughly $1000 (including installation) less but price isn't my main concern.

The second choice is The Viessmann Vitodens 100 with optional on-demand DHW. At 95% efficiency seems a bit better but is it really better in terms of usage?

Both boilers don't seem to have any great reviews online. I need to make a decision but can't make up my mind. Would anyone care to help me make a choice? I would appreciate any input!

To add, I have a 1250 sq ft cape with 3 heating zones (basement - rarely used, first floor, second floor). There are 1.5 bathrooms and dish washer. Up to 4 people living in the house.

Thank you!!!!

Comment (1)