Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quietside or Viessmann

Posted by eve80 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 17:04

Hello All,

I am in the process of switching from oil to gas. I have two work proposals, each offering a different boiler. I tried comparing the two but can't find enough info to make a decision. They both report information in different formats and I frankly can't make any sense of it! (I'm sure that's why they do it that way :) )

The first choice is a Quietside DPW-199 (with DHW). It's at 90% efficiency which I'm not sure qualifies for any energy incentives or tax breaks. It's roughly $1000 (including installation) less but price isn't my main concern.

The second choice is The Viessmann Vitodens 100 with optional on-demand DHW. At 95% efficiency seems a bit better but is it really better in terms of usage?

Both boilers don't seem to have any great reviews online. I need to make a decision but can't make up my mind. Would anyone care to help me make a choice? I would appreciate any input!

To add, I have a 1250 sq ft cape with 3 heating zones (basement - rarely used, first floor, second floor). There are 1.5 bathrooms and dish washer. Up to 4 people living in the house.

Thank you!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quietside or Viessmann

I did a search for quiet side as I never heard of them and found a few upset customers on one of the other forums that had them installed in their house.

Viesmann is what I will be installing next year, their construction is excellent.

As important as the quality of the equipment is the reputation and experience with the contractor that is going to install it. If they check out good, then I would choose this over the QS unit.

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here