Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How You like this system?

Posted by Totsie (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 16:57

Have been searching for someone/company to install new system..have learned alot reading comments here...They are NOT as qualified companies as I would think as big as Dallas is-most do NOT know some basic terms I have learned here, nor can they do a load calculation..here's the bid I am kinda considering...4A7A5049 15 Seer Trane Condenser-AUD2C100B9V5 two stage variable gas furnace-4TXCD063BC3 coil- how does that system match up..thanks appreciate any feedback

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How You like this system?

For what size home?

What size is existing system, both AC and furnace(efficiency)?

What thermostat quoted?

New lineset?

How bout a filter cabinet?

Post back.

IMO

o

The best info I have-current unit is 15 yrs old-american Standard-we have 2 units-total sg ft 2800- we are replacing main unit- kitchen-Living- dining small den 3/4 bath area maybe 1500 sq ft with 10ft ceilingsLots of windows all have shaded overhangs with new solar screens.the current coil is 3.5 ton and outside 3 ton.. Currently the unit does struggle keeping up with the really hot days we have had here lately ( 102+)the small den 12x14 is the most uncomfortable - someone has rigged up a booster fan in the ductwork for that room-Trane xe 1000-TTR036C100-L42212C-M1331R -Honeywell Programmable these numbers is what one of estimates wrote up. We want new ductwork installed they suggested R6-we have some pretty long runs- current ductwork is lying on the rafters going every which way. Thanks sorry so long..

o

So let's see. You have 3 ton condenser and going up in size by 33% to a 4 ton condenser. How was this determined? Has dealer examined your ductwork to see if it is sized for a 4 ton?

Dealer is oversizing you on furnace. Drop down to the 80K model with 4 ton rated blower.

What thermostat quoted? Should be a true two stage model.

New lineset included?

How about a filter cabinet?

And you want R8 ductwork insulation.

BTW, the XR15 AC condenser is available in a 3 1/2 ton size.

Post back.

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here