Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help me choose the best Quote on Air Conditioner. THANKS

Posted by eyedoctodd (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 12 at 16:57

Hello all,
I arrived here through a Google search and hope that you can help me as I see others have been helped.

I have 3 quotes to replace a dead 8-year-old American Standard Air Conditioner. This obviously handles the cooling cycle and we have a gas furnace that heats the office.
We have 1400 Square feet, all one level in a strip mall (20X70 Feet) and the suspended ceiling is about 10' high.
All the quotes included removal of the old unit and everything needed for installation of the new unit.
All of these are exactly what was written on the quotes, so Unfortunately I don't know any more details. Sorry, I am a newbie when it comes to anything HVAC :(

I understand that Trane and American Standard are made by the same company now?

Quote 1:
Trane TTA 13 SEER, 3 ton 208/230 volt 3 phase A/C unit with factory matched coil. Achieves 13.0 SEER and 11.0 EER.
$5375

Quote 2: American Standard 13 SEER 3 Ton condensing Unit 3 Phase, Model A4TTA3036A300; American Standard Indoor Coil.
$4550

Quote 3: Trane 3 ton R410A 3phase A/C unit with factory matched coil.
$4750-4975.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me choose the best Quote on Air Conditioner. THA

You might want to question why an 8 year old unit failed.

In order to verify SEER/EER, you need to have the coil specified (model #).

Where are you located? Have a lot of glass area?

V

o

What is the size of the current condenser? Will the lineset be replaced? What furnace do you have?

You don't have a valid quote unless all model numbers of all the equipment are provided.

I agree with V. You don't want the AC failing again in another 8 years.

o

I am in the market for an ac/heat pump. I now have a 2004 Trane 10 seer and although it is still working, my bills seem to be going higher and higher and I am told it is because I should have higher seers. I am considering a new Carrier....what do you think?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here