Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
No air coming out with 'Fan Only' setting...?

Posted by crvanness (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 2, 11 at 14:44

We just replaced our air handler about a month ago, and it already seems to be breaking down. When we set the thermostat to "Cool" and turn it on Auto/Fan Only, it comes through, but very slowly.

We thought that this might mean the coils were frozen, so we switched the cool/off/heat switch to off and turned the fan on. Nothing is coming out.

We live in Maryland, so it's super humid, but even last night when it dropped down to 75 degrees our house never dropped below 80? I'm not sure what the problem is, is it possible that the air handler's fan is broken, so the light air that comes through when the A/C is on is just because of the outdoor unit's fan?

Again, the air handler is new, so we know it's not the filters. We're having our air ducts cleaned today, but since nothing was coming out with the fan only option, I'm guessing that's not it. The outdoor unit is older, but it's running and the tube running from it is well insulated, though I can still feel the cold condensation coming through the insulation.

We just spent a ton of money getting the air handler installed, so I'd like to avoid calling a technician in again... Any ideas?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: No air coming out with 'Fan Only' setting...?

Is this a new thermostat? It would be helpful to know the full model number.

Was the replacement air handler a 'matched' unit to your outdoor unit? Model numbers of ID and OD units would be helpful.

I assume 75 was the setpoint. What was the outdoor temp when indoor would not go below 80?

V

o
RE: No air coming out with 'Fan Only' setting...?

Did the contractor warranty his work? Is so why are you hesitating having him come out and fix the problem?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here