Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reveriereptile

Have question about radiant heat between joists.

reveriereptile
9 years ago

I got a couple quotes from two places and after trying to deal with one messing up the quotes we switched and have received the tubing and plates today. We are going to install the rest of the components later. The plumber wanted the tubing in first to be able to install the rest around it.

The company said it would be easy for us to do our own layout. It sounds easier than it is. Our plumber is a family friend and has repaired radiant systems before but never installed one.

I can easily do the layouts for the smaller rooms but what has me stumped is the hallway, kitchen, and living room. I have included a picture of what we are working with. They want us to do 1/2" double loops in between the joists with 8" spacing.The company suggested 4 circuits of 251' of tubing per circuit and a 4 circuit manifold.

Are we suppose to have tubing/piping for the return and supply that hooks into the manifold that the circuits hook into or do we run each tubing circuit back to the manifold? It seems like it would use up a lot of the tubing to run back to the manifold.

As far as I understand you avoid tubing under the toilets due to the wax rings but what about the cabinets/appliances, sinks, and showers? We don't plan on changing the kitchen or bathroom layouts so it seems like it would be a waste to put the tubing under the cabinets or sinks. The shower upstairs is going to be custom so we don't mind tubing under it but we don't care either if we didn't have it.

The utility room between the bathroom and kitchen is where we will hook everything. The different colors is the different zones. There are 5 total. I will probably put tubing under the closet upstairs just incase we move it.

If anyone can help us out we would greatly appreciate it.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living