Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clint_st

Question re Intercity and ICP

Clint_St
9 years ago

When did Intercity become ICP? The only thing I can find is that ICP was acquired by United Technologies in 1999, and that before this event occurred Intercity (or Inter-City) was known as ICP.

I am looking at a home to purchase that has an Intercity plate for the manufacturer on the HVAC which looks very old, and I am trying to determine when this HVAC unit was made since the listing agent has no disclosures at all on this HVAC.

The name across the top of the Intercity unit is High Efficiency 5000, but now a search of the Model Number CA5530UKC1 comes back as Tempstar CA5530UKC1.

I realize that Tempstar is one of several brands made by ICP, but it is confusing to read on one website that ICP which itself is a part of United Technologies, sold its Residential Operations to Inter-City in 1991.

I also have the Style "number," which is 30MCD-000094CR, and the Serial number L945022650, and the Manufacturer number NCA5530UKC1, the latter which returns 0 websites, but which has the same last 8 characters of the Model Number with just a change from NCA to CA.

Any help to find out the year this unit was manufactured would be very helpful, as I am trying to negotiate the price with the seller, and the unit is filthy but I don't know how well it works.

Thank you, Clint_St

This post was edited by Clint_St on Sun, Aug 3, 14 at 13:58