Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help with AC brands

Posted by gracielu (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 12:34

Hello all. I have to pick new units for our home soon. I really wanted to go with the 2 Carrier AC heating systems (ACB6) system for my house, but I have been reading and hearing about major problems with Carrier and its coil specifically. I've seen a lot of complaints about the system having problems after the install and also after the warranty (which doesn't include labor) expired.

I am wondering if a Bryant, Lennox, or Trane would be better. Even though I was told that Trane just recalled some units. Also, I heard that American Standards are good units. Is there a reason most don't carry?

We are replacing 2 units, which is quite costly. What do you recommend? What would you put in your house?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help with AC brands

I believe Trane recalled some very low end models that were made offshore. I would not be concerned about this. Perhaps others have more info on this subject.

Who is telling you this info on the Carrier coils? Carrier has been making the transition to all aluminum evap coils which is a good feature.

Depending on the specific equipment you are looking at, of the big three, I think Carrier and Trane are very close to each other. That includes their sister companies Bryant and Am Standard. As to Lennox, I think they are a distant third and are way overpriced.

What exactly are you looking for?

Just my opinion.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here