Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Goodman Model # GSZ130481AB 4Ton 13 Seer Heat Pump

Posted by Ryd4Life (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 9, 11 at 12:27

The outside condensing unit fan does not come on and the fan moves freely....i checked the breaker, its ok....i tested the capacitor its ok....no clicks or buzzing sounds....whats next any and all help greatly appreciated...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Goodman Model # GSZ130481AB 4Ton 13 Seer Heat Pump

How about the 'contactor'? This is the relay that engages the electrical power to the fan (and the compressor).

o

Thanks weedmeister....It was the contactor that burnt up....$14.00 fix....I wish all fixes was this easy\cheap

o

I had a 100.00 spider in my contactor one time when the air wasn't working and I had to head to work with no time to wrench on it for a Sunday I don't think it was too bad of a deal.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here