Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lexluthor_gw

Boiler Maintenance Company?

lexluthor
12 years ago

I'm on Long Island and I'm trying to figure out how to best handle my Boiler Maintenance/Oil purchasing going forward.

I have a 6 year old Weil-McLain boiler and Weil-McLain indirect WH. I think I use somewhere 800 gallons of oil a year.

I had originally been using a full service oil company for a while. I had been very happy with their service and support and the service contract was "free", but I was paying probably $.40-$.50/gallon more that I could get otherwise.

A couple of years ago, I switched to a discounted oil company and got the oil for much cheaper with a 2 year service contract. Unfortunately, one of the 2 times that I needed emergency support, they were completely unresponsive. They seem to only have 1 tech and I think the incident with me almost got him fired, so I get a bad feeling every time he comes here now. Plus, now my initial contract is up, I don't really want to pay for a new service contract with this company.

The problem is that it seems like my options are either a full service oil company which will provide me with good service, but expensive oil or I've seen pennysaver adds for what looks like one man shop operations and then buy COD oil.

The time my oil company was unresponsive, I found another guy to come in the middle of the night and he was good, but, while he was here, he got another call and couldn't get out there right away because we was with me. That seems like it could be a big problem.

Where do I find a company to service my boiler for a fair annual service contract which would then allow me to buy cheap oil separately?

Or is there some other, better way to handle this?

Sponsored
Century Stair Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
DC Metro Area Luxury Custom Staircase & Railing Professional