Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lacsdmbl

New HAC equipment components

lacsdmbl
10 years ago

Hello All:

Had competing Trane products proposed earlier and reviewed here, but 2 Lennox contractors have now proposed their own line. Would like to know opinions about proper matching and overall opinions of these items below. Any help appreciated.

Lennox XC16-048 2 stage compressor
Coil ADP LH49/62E9
Lennox Furnace SL280UH11XV60C, variable speed
Lennox Thermostat Comfort sense 7000

Size to be at 4 ton compressor. Not sure what size this coil is.

BTW: Lennox claims very quiet furnace noise---does anyone have opinion about similar sized TRANE furnace noise levels?

Thanks again for any input.

Comments (6)

• tigerdunes
    10 years ago

What location?

What size home?

Up front, I am not a fan of Lennox.

You should ask dealer to provide you an AHRI matching number. I could not find one. Dealer is quoting a third party evap coil. I am always suspicious why dealers do this.

The furnace should be very quiet. From my quick research, there is not a system configuration using the 4 ton XC condenser that qualifies for Fed Tax Credit. Please correct me if mistaken.

IMO

• lacsdmbl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi tigerdunes:

Thank you for your sharp eye view of this Lennox equipment detail. I was curious about the coil too, an suppose dealers get some price break on such swap-outs.

Much appreciated.

• tigerdunes
    10 years ago

What location?

What size home?

What size and eff furnace and AC are you replacing?

IMO

• lacsdmbl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Tigerdunes:

Location So California, Los Angeles area.

Home single story 2200 sq feet, insulated attic

Very old system was 5 ton ( performance showed as too large).

New system likely to be 4 Ton based on \Manual J/D calcs, soon underway---possibly with 5 ton ARHI certified coil.

On another note: Are Trane or other mfct'r fall-season rebates rumored for September or later? Are they typically larger or more generous than summer style rebate/financing offered?

One dealer contractor mentioned that XR16 Trane AC was phased out for new XR17...but both still listed on Trane web site as available 2 stage units. Am I correct in supposing that nearly identical models of XR16/XR17, that XR16 might "go on sale"?

Thanks for any updates or comments

• tigerdunes
    10 years ago

Describe your typical winters.

Mfg rebates usually begin no later than end of August and normally last through November. Understand not all dealers participate. The rebate while through the manufacturer is actually shared with the dealer. Participating dealers should have the details in and by now.

Trane has just rebadged certain condenser models with a new model number. The condenser itself is the same. Some marketing nonsense that all the brands do from time to time. And yes, this change does affect the XR 16 2 stage to the XR17 2 stage condenser. Don't expect any sale.

IMO

• lacsdmbl
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Tigerdunes:

Thanks for those comments above, always helpful.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler