Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
air conditioning

Posted by heatseeker (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 19, 11 at 9:22

I have a unit that has a two ton gas furnace and two ton evap coil that are approximately 15 yrs old. The condenser is a two and a half ton. The problem is a great amount of moisture is leaking out of each of the ducts and ruining the ceiling. The unit is in the hallway and the ducts go up in the attic and are metal but have good insulation. The unit has zero superheat and is a mess . Oh yea the condenser is reted foe 13 seer however the coil has a fixed orifice device. I think I should increase the coil and furnace to 2.5 tons to match the condenser since it is fairly new and hopefully cure the problem any suggestions would be helpfull.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: air conditioning

Post mdl numbers of furnace and condenser and evap coil. Sounds like you may have a mismatched coil and furnace for a 2 1/2 ton condenser.

Furnace does not sit in a pan. Your condensate line may be stopped up. It should have a shut off.

When was system last serviced?

Post back.

o
RE: air conditioning

system is in bad shape the coil nameplate is missing. the furnace is 50,000 btu output. condenser is 2.5 ton 13 seer trane. probably has wrong coil and metering device.Like I said unit is in hallway closet upflow to the attic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here