Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trane XR15 3 Ton AC Fan Noise

Posted by lkwisc (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 5, 11 at 8:34

Upon starting, my newly installed Trane XR15 AC compressor cooling fan (outdoors)makes a high-pitched whirling sound which disappears once fan is at full speed. It happens at each cycle start. My installer replaced the fan but the new fan makes the same sound. The installer claims he called Trane and they stated it was caused by the fan pitch. The fan is a new design, apparently.

I called Trane but they told me to call another installer for another oppinion. ??

Has anyone had this fan noise experience?

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trane XR15 3 Ton AC Fan Noise

Curious if you received any replies outside this post, as I am considering buying the 2.5 ton XR15. Just curious also - did you get the XR15 handler -- is that variable speed? Anything else you can share about your buy/install experience - could I ask you how much you paid - and location (state) so I can compare?

o
RE: Trane XR15 3 Ton AC Fan Noise

No other replies rec'd yet.
I bought the Trane AC and furnace. (Installed last Nov)
The blower is variable speed. Price for both installed was $6300.

Both work great. The AC is efficient. It has been running non-stop throughout the past 3-4 week heat wave and only increased my electric bill by $32. Compared to not running AC.

I posted regarding the fan noise at cycle start out of curiosity. It may be as the installer stated, the newly designed pitch of the fan. The noise is momentary.

I recommend both the Trane AC and furnace. I have cold winters, but the furnace is great and very efficient.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here