Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eoren1_gw

Why can't the thermostat be in the bedroom (AC)?

eoren1
10 years ago

We just had central air put in this week and the company did an awesome job. Main unit is in Attic with vents cut in to each bedroom and access to first floor gained via two of the lesser used closets. The AC works well and cools the house nicely. But, it gets too hot in our bedroom at night.

We typically have 3 of the 4 bedroom doors closed at night and I am noticing a 3 degree difference between the bedrooms in the morning and the small hallway where the thermostat and return are located. 1 bedroom door and bathroom kept partially open. During the day, 2-3 of those bedrooms (including the master) are kept wide open.

At the time of install, I assumed and asked to put the thermostat in the bedroom where the one for heat is currently. I was advised that AC thermostats should go on the interior walls and near the return.

I figure that the thermostat in the bedroom would offer us the best fine tuning of temps at night while we sleep and will be very close (+/- 1 degree) to current location during day when master bedroom door is opened. The location of current vs proposed is maybe 3 feet apart and remains on an internal wall in the master.

Thoughts/suggestions?
Thanks!
E

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Outdoor Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Providing Quality Home Improvements in South Riding for Over 30 Years