Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skeetie219_gw

Rheem products/ quote

skeetie219
10 years ago

Located in central NJ, and have received several quotes on Lennox and Rheem. We have 2800 sq ft home and replacing 2 central air and furnances...something efficient and do not want to be penny wise and pound foolish in the long run. Here is the recent Rheem quote...
Rheem � #s are the best I can make out �

2 Ac condenser 2.5 tons 14ajm3oAu1 btu 30K and SEER 15.5
Coil RE 4763C175B2922
2nd flr furnace RGRM 07MAES(?) VARIABLE ECM
input btu 70K output btu 66K BTU AUFE 95%

1st flr Furnace RGTMO7ERBGS
input BTU 70K output btu 66K AUFE 95%

Powered Humidifier $450

New cooper line to downstairs unit, 2nd flr will be flushed.
Honeywell thermoststat- no sure of the type
Doing PVDC flue for 2nd flr, replacing the cooper line for 1st flr unit , wet switch for 2nd flr unit and some other work and using our existing ducts

10yr warranty on all units/parts , 1 yr labor warranty
$12,200 after rebates $10,789.

Lennox equipment was coming in around 16K after rebates, still trying to assess an fair comparison although something tells me SEER and furnances were similar.

I know our 1st quote on Carrier was probably too much "power' if you will for what we need or want & the cost was outrageous.

Any feedback from the pros or experience others on Rheem and or Lennox products, and if that quote seems in line.

Comments (7)

• tigerdunes
    10 years ago

As I have said many times, Rheem and sister company Rudd are underrated and overlooked HVAC brands.

I will offer observation on equipment and quote.

Both furnaces are oversized.
    The AC is a low end model. I would like to see you upgrade to RANL-RAPM model.
    It appears you have been quoted a third party brand evap coil. This is wrong. You want a matching Rheem coil.

Furnaces will require true two stage thermostats for best operation. If not you will be on high stage whether needed or not. This cripples the capability of a nice furnace.

BTW where will furnaces be located?

Anything on a filter cabinet for both systems?

IMO

• skeetie219
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thx...will follow up on your points. The furnances will be located in the attic and the other in the basement. As for the filter cabinet, it is a pull out filter not the electronic( ?).

• tigerdunes
    10 years ago

General rule, you don't place a high eff condensing furnace in the attic especially for a northern location like yours unless your attic is well insulated and conditioned. The problem can be freeze ups. Something that should be pointed out and discussed with your dealer.

I recommend pleated filter media cabinets for each system to be installed at return end of furnaces. Best for indoor air quality as well as superior protection of blower motor and evap coil.

IMO

• skeetie219
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Spoke with Rheem vendor... will be placing a 2 stage thermostat. WHen I asked about the coil and wanting it to match, he said it was a new Rheem coil and that is reason he gave me the model #, I'll call Rheem to verify it.

As for the ac unit, we could go up a model not that much of a price difference $900.total ..doesn't necessarily improve efficiency or SEER althought it may be a little quiter than the other. At least this is what I understood him to say. He also talked about the compressors... both model have the same compressor.

Thoughts? Our Lennox quote was about 16K after rebates .

• tigerdunes
    10 years ago

First off, the evap coil listed on your initial post is not a Rheem coil. What coil Mdl number does he really intend?

And what about the placement of a high eff condensing furnace in the attic and freeze ups? What did he say about that?

What about the oversizing of the furnaces?

And what two stage thermostat does he intend to use?

And how about the filter media cabinet?

IMO

• skeetie219
    Original Author
    10 years ago

tigerdunes: what makes a furnance oversized , the BTUs? Or something else...Just want to understand it.

• tigerdunes
    10 years ago

Number of BTUs between what was quoted compared to what is actually needed.

Not sure or confused, ask dealer to provide a load calculation for each zone.

IMO