Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotation of Trane, Heil and Goodman A/C

Posted by ghzhujwmao (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 8, 12 at 22:30

The 3 ton A/C in my home needs to be replaced for both the condenser and the A-coil inside. Got three quotations, one for Trane, one for Heil and one for Goodman. Trane XR15 with 5 yrs labor and 10 yrs parts warranty for $3900; HEIL entry level 13 SEER with 2 yrs labor and 10 yrs parts for $2600; Goodman GSX130361A with 1 yr labor and 5 yrs parts for $2200. Any comments for the offers and the quality of different brands. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotation of Trane, Heil and Goodman A/C

Paired with what furnace-brand, model, efficiency, type of blower.

Makes a difference.

Post back.

IMO

o
Brands

Just so you know, if you don't have a furnace that has a var speed blower, you can not achieve the XR15's performance/efficiency capability. It would be a waste of money. Select the XB or XR 13 SEER models

Trane upper end
Heil low end+
Goodman wouldn't use it on a dog house.

IMO

o
RE: Quotation of Trane, Heil and Goodman A/C

The broken conditioner (3 Ton) was installed with the furnace 16 years ago. Both are Bryant. At this time I would like to change the conditioner only. I just got a new quote of American Standard 13SEER (4TTB3036)for $3100.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here