Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
samg23

Help reading Manual J Calcs for new construction

samg23
10 years ago

We're in the process of building a home just outside of Atlanta. It was surprisingly difficult to find a HVAC contractor willing to spend the time to actually run these calculations rather than use rules of thumb. Now that we have results, as I suspected, the proposed HVAC needs are essentially half what the "rule of thumb" crowd was proposing. I can tell from other posts on here its ok to trust the numbers but I'd really appreciate some help looking at the attached results to make sure there weren't any assumptions used I didn't give or that don't appear obvious.

I can tell from looking at this, they used the correct info on the windows I gave them, the R values and lumber type for all exterior walls and insulation and the open cell spray foam info for the rafters we're using.

It looks like I can't post a pdf and the report is 10 pages long including the graphs. I've attached a one page jpeg with the second floor data but don't see how to post multiple pages. Any advice for a newbie on how to get the other information on here for everyone to see? If not, anything stand out on the page I attached? Thanks very much!

Comments (5)