Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
An Air Freshener got sucked into my air return!

Posted by sadieelvis (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 22, 10 at 21:31

Is this an issue? We have a central ac/heating unit and the air grille/filter is located in the living room. I was replacing the air filter and add an air freshening thing you can get at home depot and the ac kicked on (thought i'd turned it to off) and it sucked up the paper/gel sheet.

Is this dangerous?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: An Air Freshener got sucked into my air return!

Not to big of a deal - it might get all the way in the blower wheel and you will have to remove it. The worst thing is it could get stuck in the duct and you hear it flapping but is not going to affect the equipment.

o

Did u ever get it out? Just found out mine is now stuck and I have no clue on how or what to do or where it is at!

o

something that big should never be able to get past the filter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here