Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Geothermal wells going in! Pics....

Posted by srjohnt (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 12, 12 at 21:28

My installers began drilling the closed loop wells today, 3 hours, three wells. All three hit water, and the middle one also hit a gas pocket. You can still hear the water boiling as the gas escapes.

Arronco does the entire install, including the wells. Next is 2 3 ton Waterfurnace units, one in the attic and one in the basement, and the one in the basement will have propane backup for power outages. (We're in a rural area)

It's exciting to get started!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Geothermal wells going in! Pics....

How many feet deep each well, 300ft or 400ft, series or parallel?

SR

o

Six 150 foot wells, and I'll have to ask if they're series or parallel.

o

I thought it was 3 wells for 6 tons. Six 150 foot wells sounds like they will probably be in parallel.

SR

o

Sory for the misinformation. The pictures were taken after they finished the first three wells yesterday. They are scheduled to return to finish the other three today. I suspect they'll be in parallel, too, but will still ask since I'm not sure.

o

Parallel would be more efficient!

SR

o

Indeed, SR, they will be parallel. The next step is excavation and installation of a parallel manifold.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here