Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindywhitall

price difference of Carrier heat pump vs a/c only

cindywhitall
11 years ago

So, I have decided the tankless water heater is not my wisest choice to meet my cleanenergy rebate percentages. I can't believe the hybrid heat pump could make such a difference, but they claim that heat pump option with a .63 water heater saves the same "Total energy savings" as a 15seer, 96% furnace and a tankless water heater. The markup on the tankless is so enormous that I don't think I can do it.

I took out my quotes, and despite the enormous mark-up, imo, the heat pump is WAY more than plain a/c, with the same furnace. I wondered if this is because it is quoted for Infinity. Is Infinity more efficient or just more $$$$? The quote is for

� Install new 2-stage, 80,000 BTU Carrier 96% gas furnace. (Model 59TP5A080E2120)

� Install new 4-ton Carrier Infinity 16, 2-stage heat pump condenser on legs. (Puron) (Model (25HNB636B)

� Install new matching Carrier evaporator coil. (CNPVP4821A)

$$$$ 14,334 (inlcuding everything, even permits)

The quote below is for same furnace and a different a/c, which I would ask to be upgraded to 24ACC6.

This equip is much less $11,888

� Install new 2-stage, 80,000 BTU Carrier 96% gas furnace. (Model 59TP5A080E2120)

� Install new 4-ton Carrier 16, 1-speed A/C condenser on legs. (Puron) (Model (24ABC648C)

� Install new matching Carrier evaporator coil. (CNPVP4821A)

How much more should a decent non-infity heat pump cost than the above equip? Would it be just as efficient as Infinity? I am about to email the guy asking him this stuff. He will probably be offended as I am telling him that the guy putting in a.c in the neighborhood today told me heat pump is not that much more than plain a/c. Problem is that his plain a/c is overpriced too!

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions