Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gatrees

Compare Lennox/carrier/ Trane /Goodman ?

Love Trees
17 years ago

I now have quote for various makes.1.5 Ton 13 Seer following options

Lennox : Elite 13, with G 60UHV-26A-070

Lennox : XC 15 - 024 with G 60UHV-26A-070

Trane: XR 13 and XV 80 Furnace

Carrier : Infinity Furnace with a 13 Seer compressor

Not sure of the Goodman model

Not much variation in prices. All of them are close to 5000$

Any suggestions on Brand?

Thanks

Seth

Comments (14)

• karen_in_mi
    17 years ago

Don't know much about the Lennox units. The only thing that jumped out at me was the difference in efficiency ratings. The 2 Lennox units and the Trane unit have an efficiency rating of only 80% compared to the 96% rating of the Carrier Infinity. In Michigan that would amount to a fair bit of change.

• georgehvacnj
    17 years ago

all will cool the house with the same btu's.

check the efficiency of all three brands and make sure there all the same 13 seer on a/c and high effic or all, 80% eff. on the furnace

• baldloonie
    17 years ago

For what you are getting, the XC15 system gives the most SEER for the buck. Carrier calls their top 80 & 90 furnaces Infinity so as Karen asked, see which one is being quoted to make sure you are comparing like products. Also see what outdoor unit the Carrier dealer is quoting since it isn't specified. Goodman is clearly lower end equipment over the other 3 brands so its quote should be considerably less.

• tigerdunes
    17 years ago

Seth,

I like the Carrier quote the best as long as the AC condenser is at least in the "Performance" line and includes the Infinity controls. But based on your Georgia location and reasonable electric rates, I would prefer a Carrier Infinity heat pump system. A properly sized heat pump system with good ductwork will provide you great comfort and the best operating costs.

My opinion.

• parsons7
    17 years ago

BUILDING NEW HOME I HAVE GOTTEN QUOTES ON TRANE 5200 FRIRADARE 5500 AND GOODMAN 3800 ALL 2.5 TON 13 SEER.DOES ANY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT QUALITY AND EFFICENCE RATINGH ON GOODMAN.1700 DOLLARS DIFFRENCE IS ALOT OF MONEY BUT I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT GOODMAN.

• saltcedar
    17 years ago

Please turn off your Caps Lock Key. (it's considered shouting)

Regards
    Chris

• bob_brown
    17 years ago

Contrary to other posters, Goodman is a value priced system. If it has the same efficiency ratings, it is priced to sell.

Equipment is not the key issue in equipment life. Installation is everything. Once installed and running correctly, the Lennox is the most difficult to repair. Goodman is as easy as Carrier and TRANE.

• scott2006
    17 years ago

I just had an Amama 70 96% and a Goodman 16 seer air 3 ton put in with himidifer and 4 inch filter for $4,500 with the flu liner installed complete. The Goodman and the Amana have a 10 Year GT. Can't beat that..........!
    With the above you also qualify for the $500 tax REBATE, niceeee.
    A lot of company's wanted to push the 80% ... I think because they over bought them and are stuck with them.

Why would you not get a - 96% with the rebate.

They work great.

Scott

• marge_2010
    14 years ago

Can anyone tell me what the cost for the Lennox 15GCSX 2ton and 3ton packaged gas units should cost?

• dinesh_naruka_gmail_com
    12 years ago

My RUDD heat pump died on me. It was 11 year old system. Tech says its compressor and compsitor are shot and he has no way to test other thing. He fears for freon and coils and has advised me to replace. I live in Winston Salem NC.
    A new carrier infinity with variable speed 4 ton 16 seer dual stage cooling system from Sears is about $10,000 after a few discount and cash back rebates. Is it a fair price for this system. Please let me know.

• tigerdunes
    12 years ago

Tofann

if this is a legitimate post, then start your own forum thread rather than hyjacking another that is old and outdated.

provide all relevant info about old system and new system quoted.

IMO

• tofaan
    12 years ago

My RUDD heat pump died on me. It was 11 year old system. Tech says its compressor and compsitor are shot and he has no way to test other thing. He fears for freon and coils and has advised me to replace. I live in Winston Salem NC.
    A new carrier infinity with variable speed 4 ton 16 seer dual stage cooling system from Sears is about $10,000 after a few discount and cash back rebates. Is it a fair price for this system. Please let me know.

• mike_home
    12 years ago

It it hard to say if you have gotten a fair price without specifying the model numbers. It is also dependent if any other work is being done.

If you like the Carrier equipment, then don't buy it through Sears. You will pay a higher price and most likely get an inferior installation. Find a good contractor through recommendations. Leave out the middle man.

• shane22
    12 years ago

I had a Goodman 15 seer 4 ton heatpump and air handler w/ var. speed dc blower installed 3 years ago.
    Goodman works great, it's very quiet and my electric bill went down 40-45% from the old 10 seer unit.
    I have the 4 inch filter installed and we run the blower at 20% all the time.
    The Goodman was $2500 cheaper and is just as good as any A/C we've had.
    I recommend them to anyone, as long as they buy them from and have it installed by a pro.