Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A/C Issue's Any Help..?

Posted by andreww2368 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 23, 11 at 18:02

Purchased a new town home last year, had incorrectly wiring for 3ton unit so they replaced with 2ton.
This year had a tech come out to check
1st one said need to replace TXV and install filter dryer, "Found low suction side, High discharge side. Estimate 900.00
But that's when A/C was blowing hot air..
Some how when the 2nd tech came it worked again and blow cold air. but pressures still incorrect..
Called another tech to come out his story was different.
Pressure H494/Low 105PSI.. Possible leak, incorrect installation to lines which may cause the high and low pressure.. He said the lines might have a kink in it and that's why the pressure is reading that way..
Currently A/C is working but no colder then 69* some area's 75*, but that's when outside temp is 80. When it hit 100 i cannot cool down home below 85*..
My town home is only 1050 sf.. Which one seems most likely issue? Replace TXV or find leak, recharge, then check for bad lines?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A/C Issue's Any Help..?

I'm scratching my head, maybe one of the other guys see's something I don't.

Your description has me confused. They replaced the unit because of wiring? Why didn't they replace the wiring instead? A unit is designed according to the cooling needs of the home, not according to the wiring. Also, why is there a need to find a leak, the pressures indicate there is no leak? In fact, unless I'm misreading something, it's quite the contrary, on average the low side would read somewhere between 68 and 72 psig if it is a R22 system, depending on the outside air temperature. Also, if this is a new unit that was installed last year, I would think it is still under warranty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here