Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wholehouse fans

Posted by salibeik (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 19, 12 at 17:34

I have a question regarding sizing of wholehouse fans. PG&E and DOE calculations show that the volume of the house should be divided by 2 or 3 to get to the CFM needed. So for a 2500 sqft house, with standard ceiling height of 8ft, we need ~10000 CFM fan. Some other commercial web sites recommend much lower than that, maybe 10 or even 15. Which one makes more sense? I think the higher is better, but they're bigger, need more attic ventilation area, ...
Also any recommendations for latest types/models?

I live in San Francisco bay area. Any referrals for whole house fan installers? Can people who have it installed share their experience?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wholehouse fans

There is a company called Tamarack Technologies that specializes in whole house fans.

They have a variety of fan sizes and models and also have a sizing guide.

Here is a link to their web site:

http://tamtech.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Haeting, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Help and Advice

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here