Condenser CZH060

its a variable speed and 2 stage system

includes 10 years parts and labor warranty ,UV light

among other things

Total price installed $5300

Comments (11)

• neohioheatpump
    12 years ago

thats a great price. Pull the trigger. I like York/coleman/luxaire. Great quality equipment.

• domingos35
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh i forgot to mention its a 5 TON

• neohioheatpump
    12 years ago

what climate are you in? What does your electric cost per KW? How do you heat?
    Have you considered upgrading to the heatpump model? It would give you the ability to heat using your outdoor condensor. Typically heatpumps don't cost much more than the same model A/C. THey can give extra flexibility in heating incase natural gas prices go up.

• mike_home
    12 years ago

What size AC are you replacing? How do you know you need 5 tons of cooling? How large is your house?

Over sizing an AC is a bad idea. If you truly need 5 tons of cooling, then you need to make sure your duct work can handle the air flow. Many houses are built with an undersized duct system with filters which are too small.

I personally don't think UV lights are necessary.

• domingos35
    Original Author
    12 years ago

i am replacing a 5 TON cental ac unit
    my house is 2556 sq ft under AC ,2 story
    by current central ac is in perfect working condition but its not efficiente .its a 10 SEER
    would u replace a working ac ?
    i am in south florida, very humid and hot.
    righ tnow i use a heat strip
    i think my electric rate is 0.11 Kwh

• mike_home
    12 years ago

If you AC is older than 20 years old, then I would consider replacing it. In my opinion, I don't think you should you replace your unit solely for efficiency reasons. If you are going to replace it, then wait until the summer heat has subsided. It is the busiest time of the year for HVAC contractors.

Does your AC short cycle? Do you have good humidity control? A 5 ton unit seems big, but it may be appropriate for Southern Florida.

• neohioheatpump
    12 years ago

You are probably spending alot of money on cooling costs. That 2-stage 17seer system will save you alot of money on energy. I would upgrade (especially for that price). THe energy savings will eventually for the unit.

I know in south florida you don't use much energy to heat, but with a heatpump you save considerable money on energy during the heating side.

• domingos35
    Original Author
    12 years ago

right now my monthly electric bill is around $280 and climbing
    i do have a pool but the pump only runs 4 hours/day
    i am replacing the pump with a variable speed pump.
    how does a heat pump work?

thanks guys

• neohioheatpump
    12 years ago

a heatpump is just an a/c with some extra controls and parts. It pulls the hot air out of the cold air outside and and puts the warm air into your home. It works especially good when above 30 degree's outside. Basically the air conditioning cycle reverses.

In the hot 95 degree outside air, your air conditioning makes cold air. If you put your hand on top of the outside unit, you would discover very hot air coming off the top.

If you put your hand on top of the heatpump when running in cold weather, the air off the top would be extra cold. It would be moving the warm air into your house. This method costs about 1/3 even 1/4 the cost of electrip strip heat. Instead of generating heat, its just condensing and moving heat from outdoors to indoors.

• tigerdunes
    12 years ago

A heat pump will help you on heating bills. What is your location? If heat is rarely needed, then just continue to use a small heat strip. Isn't that what you are using now? This is South Florida location?

Post back.

• domingos35
    Original Author
    12 years ago

yes i am in south florida and yes we use a heat strip.
    we heat the house in the winter maybe 1 month total days
    but when we do use it my electric bill goes up a lot