Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Setting of your A/C unit

Posted by RobbZee (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 22, 12 at 16:47

I've got some friends that always have their A/C on Cool and a cold temperature. They leave it on even when they are not home. They don't want to be hot when they get home (that is what they say). I told them they are crazy. Leaving your A/C unit on all the time is fine as long as you set it to Auto and turn the temperature up a bit. If your unit is running all the time you can burn out the unit. What do you do for settings?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Setting of your A/C unit

I normally set my temperatures at 79 degrees with 40-45% humidity. I will my set back temperatures are 82 degrees.

o
RE: Setting of your A/C unit

By 'burning out" you imply that running all the time is inherently bad for the AC. That is not true. By turning it off, you will accumulate fewer running hours which will increase service lifetime.. In addition to that, running continuously to recover from a set-back is less stressful than stopping a re-starting all day to maintain a temperature. Mostly what they are doing is spending a lot of money on electricity. Maybe they own the power company.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here