Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lack of Blower Output

Posted by garlicjim (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 4, 11 at 13:59

I recently had A/C added to my existing system which was relatively new. The house is small (1700 sq ft), but the farthest vent from the unit simply doesn't cool well because of the lack of forced air. All the other rooms have two vent outlets, but I keep one closed in all the room because they all cool just fine. The room in question is the room in which we spend almost all of our time (the den/computer room)

1. Can I change the blower unit without getting into a big expense of having to change the whole system.

-or-

What about this mickey mouse fix, which will be easy:

Cut into the big duct running to the particular rool, installing a fan, and wiring the switch into the system?

The unit is by Fraser-Johnson.

HAPPY DECORATION/INDEPENDENCE DAY TO EVERYONE!

Many thanks,

Jim

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lack of Blower Output

Do you have a separate air handler for the AC, or is the air blower integrated in the furnace?

Did you talk the installer contractor about the problem? If so, what solution did he offer?

How many people and computers are typically in the den at the same time?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here