Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
camworldz

Quote for Carrier Performance Package

Camworldz
10 years ago

Hi all,

We are planning on replacing our AC system in the next two weeks and want to get input on the cost for a Carrier performance package. It is

Condenser: 24ACC636
Evaporator coil: CMPH3617ALA
Furnace: 58PHA070-1-16

The cost comes up to be a little over $7,000. It is a three ton system and I am wondering whether this is really priced over what others got in the forum. We are in Texas and therefore the hot is very hard to beat.

Thanks!

Comments (14)

• Camworldz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

BTW, the system is supposed to be running at 16 sheers.

• tigerdunes
    10 years ago

You might want to recheck the evap coil model number.

It appears this is an AHRI matching system but it does not meet 16 SEER so does not qualify for fed tax credit.

IMO

• Camworldz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks IMO for the note. The evap coil is CNPHP3617. The contractor told me that it is running at 16 Sheer and I am hoping that we can get some federal credit for getting up to 16 sheers as well.

• tigerdunes
    10 years ago

This is not a matching system according to AHRI.

And in fact there are no systems with this furnace and AC condenser that qualify for Fed Tax credit.

Ask dealer for matching AHRI directory number. He can't provide it.

IMO

• Camworldz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks. I just returned from the dealer and they offered me another different package for Infinity with the AHRI certification number of #4648327, with the following items:

Condenser: 24ANB760
    Compressor: CNPHP6024ALA
    Furnace: 58CVA110-1-20
    Controller: SYSTXCCITw01

Can you please help me with this setting? How much federal tax credit that we may be qualified for this package?

• SaltiDawg
    10 years ago

Did you go back to the same Dealer - the one that proposed a non-matching system, not eligible for a tax credit?

Have you obtained multiple quotes?

• tigerdunes
    10 years ago

Well totally confused.

AHRI says it is a matching number for a discontinued system, does not qualify for tax credit, a much larger furnace, a larger 5 ton AC condenser.

4648327 Discontinued Systems INFINITY 17 PURON AC CARRIER AIR CONDITIONING 24ANB760A**30 CNPH*6024A**+UI 1625 1300 58CV(A,X)110-20 57000 12.80 16.00 1 RCU-A-CB 431

I have no idea what is going on here.

Will not help on this thread any longer.

IMO

• Camworldz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am sorry that I confused you. It is the same dealer that has been ranked as top three in my local areas. They proposed two options, one is the performance series as I listed two days ago and the other is the infinity series as I listed today. I was not able to get their model numbers until today. They suggested the AHRI system though it is a discontinued system per AHRI - does that mean they were offering discontinued units that manufacturers are not offering any more?

Sorry for the confusion. I am new to AC and am trying to get help from here.

• lascatx
    10 years ago

What part of Texas are you in?

• Camworldz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here goes the new AHRI number from the dealer: 6407117. I hope to find out whether this qualifies us for federal tax rebate, if someone can help,

• Camworldz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am in the Woodlands of Texas.

• mike_home
    10 years ago

Here is the AHRI information.

6407117 Active Systems INFINITY 17 PURON AC CARRIER AIR CONDITIONING 24ANB760A**30 CNPH*6024AL*+UI 1625 1300 58CV(A,X)110-20 57000 12.80 16.00 1 RCU-A-CB 431

This does not qualify for the Federal tax credit. It has a SEER rating of 16, but the EER is 12.8. The rating must be at least 13 in order to qualify.

How big is your house and has the contractor done a heating and cooling load calculation? What size furnace and AC are you replacing. Most houses don't have duct work large enough to handle a 5 ton condenser. If the duct work is too small you will always have problems and eventually destroy the equipment. The furnace is 110,000 BTU (at 80% AFUE). I would imagine your winters are mild and you hardly make use of the high stage.

Don't buy a system larger than you need to get the $300 tax credit. It is not worth it.

• lascatx
    10 years ago

If you are in The Woodlands and looking at Carrier, have you talked to Woodlands Air Conditioning? They replaced my system on July 4th. They did a beautiful job on the installation and they solved issues we'd had since we bought the house. They have done several others on our street as well and I am told one of those families has recommended them 7 or 8 times already. If you haven't talked to them, you owe it to yourself to give them a call. Expect to leave a message and Phil of Jeff will call you back.

• ryanhughes
    10 years ago

I'll try to be very clear about the obvious discrepancy here as it seems to OP may not understand.

Your Performance quote is for a THREE ton air conditioner with a 70k btu input furnace.

Your Infinity quote is for a FIVE ton air conditioner with a 110k btu input furnace.

As mentioned a few times already, something is wrong and needs to be addressed. The sequence of this post is very confusing. 3 tons --> 5 tons. Hopefully just a (big) oversight and mistake.

You do not want an oversized system. It will not be efficient or provide great comfort.

Mike did list the active listing for this configuration -- they are current models, just looks like the coil model number format has changed to indicate the all-aluminum coil.

This post was edited by ryanhughes on Sat, Jul 27, 13 at 12:13