Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Choosing a Cooling and Heating system

Posted by txanm (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 3, 11 at 10:56

I put off replacing my AC now and now I am paying for it. I now need to determine what system is best for my house. I live in Denver so I would say the weather is mild (I lived in Houston prior!). I am trying to choose between replacing the AC and Furnace, or maybe going to left field with a geothermal system. I have a water well on the property that will put out 10-15 GPM. What has everyone read about the payout of a geothermal system compared to a traditional system? My house is in the open, all brick, and 3200 sq ft upper living (2 story) and a basement of 1100 sq ft (finished).

Thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Choosing a Cooling and Heating system

Geo-thermal can have a long payback. However the govt. will pay about 30% I think which makes it more possible.
Open loop systems typically don't last as long as closed loop. It depends also on how much your electricity and gas cost.

What does your electricity cost total per KW? What about your gas? Do you plan on continuing to pay for monthly gas service?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here