Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
homeimprovementmom_gw

need some help to replace AC in daughter's room

sad so sad. I had a wonderful, very good , VERY quiet panasonic AC in my daughter's room for 17 years and then when we had to do some electrical work, the electrician blew something and this caused a burn to the electrical boad. I have not been able to find the replacement board. I am now looking for a new AC: 10 btu's auto off/on, temp. control, timer and since the AC is beside her bed - no other choice in the config. of the room, it really, really has to be quiet. I have 2 Friedrich's purchased around the same time 17 yrs. ago and they are freaking LOUD. I have one in my bedroom and even on sleep mode it is awful. I cannot yet replace those budget wise.
I haven't kept up with AC's these years - may be Friedrich has a quiet unit now - I don't know. I have read through reviews and people don't really say whether something is loud or not on average - only if it's really loud. Mostly people seem to buy because its so hot and they are so glad to be cooling and thus the reviews are about cooling only.
What is now a very quiet AC? I would really, really appreciate the input. I cannot afford to to make a mistake so if you have an AC that is quiet and works, please tell what the brand and model is so I can start to get some information.

Comments (3)