Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Air conditioner does not blow out cool air anymore

Posted by imkvl (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 21, 12 at 9:02

I moved to my current home about 11 years ago. �The air conditioner unit Carrier model 48kha, kla was already installed on the roof; I have no ideas when it was installed. �Since moving in I only have it serviced/repaired one time, that was about 7 years ago when I heard kind of a banging noise and then the unit blows out hot/warm air when it supposed to be cooling. �If I recall correctly, the problem was a loose compressor and the service guy repaired. �Since then it been running OK although I do notice the cooling air is not as cool as before over the years and becoming noisier. �Now since yesterday, the air conditioner cannot cool down the house any more (the temperature remain the same after running it for more than 1 hour). �I noticed when I turned on the air blowing out seems cool but after a few minutes it became basically neither cool nor warm. �I also noticed that it does not discharge water (dehumidifying?) since. �What is the likely problem and what is the general cost for this service? �Please advice, thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
REPOST: Air conditioner does not blow out cool air anymore

Sorry for the illegible characters at start of sentences (done from iPhone Notes App). Here is the repost (preview look ok):

I moved to my current home about 11 years ago. The air conditioner unit Carrier model 48kha, kla was already installed on the roof; I have no ideas when it was installed. Since moving in I only have it serviced/repaired one time, that was about 7 years ago when I heard kind of a banging noise and then the unit blows out hot/warm air when it supposed to be cooling. If I recall correctly, the problem was a loose compressor and the service guy repaired. Since then it been running OK although I do notice the cooling air is not as cool as before over the years and becoming noisier. Now since yesterday, the air conditioner cannot cool down the house any more (the temperature remain the same after running it for more than 1 hour). I noticed when I turned on the air blowing out seems cool but after a few minutes it became basically neither cool nor warm. I also noticed that it does not discharge water (dehumidifying?) since. What is the likely problem and what is the general cost for this service? Please advice, thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here