Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
System just died

Posted by brusso (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 6, 12 at 21:23

My first floor AC just died. Nothing happens when I set the thermostat. All was working fine until Tuesday. Even the fan doesn't go on in the 'on' position. I checked the batteries in the thermostat, the circuit breaker in the basement and the breaker outside. All are on. So, what do I check next before I call michael , the AC fixit guy? I have three zones. The other two are working fine. This unit is about 6 years old. Onlty the outside was replaced back then, not the furnace.
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: System just died

First thing you check is make sure you have the right phone number for the ac guy, then call him.

o

You say you have three zones, two of which are working fine. Are you saying when you select one zone you get no air flow? Does the outside condener run? Can you hear the blower in the furnace running?

Has there been anything going on in the house which may have affected the wiring from the thermostat to the zone dampers?

o

Well, i had to call Michael. turned out that thetransformer on the furnace that is connected to the thermostat had gone bad. That' s why nothing at all was running. not the fan blower on the furnace, nor the fan outside. He had one on his truck. $30 later and a six pack and I am good to go.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here