Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cpayne_00

Goodman

cpayne_00
9 years ago

Hi everyone,
I have a conundrum.
I built a home in 2009 (August) I had no options on HVAC.

They installed the following:
Downstairs
Propane furnace
AC
Upstairs
Heatpump

I was told by the builder and installers I had a 10 year warranty on these units.
The coil on the downstairs HVAC went out. The installers are out of business, so I called a local company to come check it out. They guy said I had a bad coil.
I told him to get one and put it in. He said the distributor he used said the unit went out of its (5) year warranty in 2008 (1) year before I built the house. I called goodman they said I could use my closing documents and they would honor the (5) year warranty. I asked about the 10 year they said it wasn't registered within 60 days, so they could do nothing but honor the original 5 year.
They said I could buy a (10) year. When I gave them the serial numbers they said they wouldn't give me 10 years on my units as they use Freon that was no longer made.
gettin a coild leak down testing and filling with no longer used freon for a unit that falls out of warranty in 2 months doesn't seem smart.
I'm looking to replace with carrier. I cant use infinity unless I lose the or use as a backup the propane unit.which I'm not adverse to doing although it does keep it toasty (but at a cost).
I also have the option to replace both units since they have the same coil (which is supposedly a common fail point on these units.

Thanks for any advice,

Comment (1)