Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Particulars of new estimate

Posted by salbwil (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 16:08

Hello,
The new quote of 14,800. Is for the carrier FE4ANF003 fan coil, the 24ANB 736 condenser and the sys TXCCITN01 control this seems very high to us .
Any ideas here ?
Thanks,
Salbwil

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Particulars of new estimate

Keep your posts on same subject matter in one thread, not multiple threads. Much easier to follow.

You need another quote for certain.

If my decision, I would get a Bryant dealer involved.

Here is a great configuration.

6937109 Active Systems BRYANT HEATING AND COOLING SYSTEMS PREFERRED SERIES PURON AC BRYANT HEATING AND COOLING SYSTEMS 127ANA036****B FV4CN(B,F)005L 1050 840 36000 13.50 17.00 1 RCU-A-CB 263 Yes

Make certain you ask for the "L" suffix air handler that has the aluminum coil. You would want the Edge Thermidistat.

IMO

o

Thankyou Tigerdunes .
We will get some more quotes and look into your suggestions.
Salbwil

o

Is the contractor doing any duct work modifications? Is the air handler in the attic? Is there anything difficult about the job?

If this is simple replacement, then the quote is very high. If additional work is being done, then the some additional cost might be justified but it would still seem pricey.

o

Hi Mike,
There is no ductwork . Price includes installing ducts ,but that is fairly straightforward from attic to bedrooms and through closets straight down to first floor. Air handler would be in attic.
Salbwil

o

I read your other post after I responded. Keeping everything in one thread would keep me from being confused.

You are starting from scratch so the quote seems more reasonable. No one here is going to be able to judge the amount of work required to run ducts, wiring, and linesets from the attic to the first floor. Getting more quotes will give you an idea whether the quoted price is fair.

Is putting the air handler in the attic the only option? My preference would be the basement or a closed inside the house. Putting duct work in the attic is the worst place, but in your case it may be the only option.

o

The attic is the only option ; part of the basement is a studio apartment and there is no way to get the ducts from the basement to the top floor.....easiest to drop them from the attic. Is there a problem with the unit being up there , I.e. heat ? There is a roof vent and a small window at one end of the attic for ventilation.
Salbwil

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here