Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
salbwil

Particulars of new estimate

salbwil
9 years ago

Hello,
The new quote of 14,800. Is for the carrier FE4ANF003 fan coil, the 24ANB 736 condenser and the sys TXCCITN01 control this seems very high to us .
Any ideas here ?
Thanks,
Salbwil

Comments (6)

• tigerdunes
    9 years ago

Keep your posts on same subject matter in one thread, not multiple threads. Much easier to follow.

You need another quote for certain.

If my decision, I would get a Bryant dealer involved.

Here is a great configuration.

6937109 Active Systems BRYANT HEATING AND COOLING SYSTEMS PREFERRED SERIES PURON AC BRYANT HEATING AND COOLING SYSTEMS 127ANA036****B FV4CN(B,F)005L 1050 840 36000 13.50 17.00 1 RCU-A-CB 263 Yes

Make certain you ask for the "L" suffix air handler that has the aluminum coil. You would want the Edge Thermidistat.

IMO

• salbwil
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thankyou Tigerdunes .
    We will get some more quotes and look into your suggestions.
    Salbwil

• mike_home
    9 years ago

Is the contractor doing any duct work modifications? Is the air handler in the attic? Is there anything difficult about the job?

If this is simple replacement, then the quote is very high. If additional work is being done, then the some additional cost might be justified but it would still seem pricey.

• salbwil
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Mike,
    There is no ductwork . Price includes installing ducts ,but that is fairly straightforward from attic to bedrooms and through closets straight down to first floor. Air handler would be in attic.
    Salbwil

• mike_home
    9 years ago

I read your other post after I responded. Keeping everything in one thread would keep me from being confused.

You are starting from scratch so the quote seems more reasonable. No one here is going to be able to judge the amount of work required to run ducts, wiring, and linesets from the attic to the first floor. Getting more quotes will give you an idea whether the quoted price is fair.

Is putting the air handler in the attic the only option? My preference would be the basement or a closed inside the house. Putting duct work in the attic is the worst place, but in your case it may be the only option.

• salbwil
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The attic is the only option ; part of the basement is a studio apartment and there is no way to get the ducts from the basement to the top floor.....easiest to drop them from the attic. Is there a problem with the unit being up there , I.e. heat ? There is a roof vent and a small window at one end of the attic for ventilation.
    Salbwil