Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2 Year Old York Affintiy 8T system with bad inner coil

Posted by bradross1 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 15:56

My 2 year old York Affinity 8T system went belly up this spring. After numerous diagnostic checks it was determined the inner coil is leaking. York says the warranty only covers the coil but not replacing the refrigerant lost due to the leak.

Is this normal policy? I feel there defective part caused the loss of the refrigerant. Should they not be paying for that as well? So far with diagnostics I am already in the hole over $400. This does not include the labor to replace the coil itself.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2 Year Old York Affintiy 8T system with bad inner coil

Unfortunately, you are stuck without a full ext warranty that includes labor and all repairs within first 10 yrs of purchase.

Not what you want to hear but it is unlikely you would be having this problem after just 2 yrs if Trane or sister company AmStd HVAC.

IMO

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heating & Air Conditioning Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here